Finding clarity, with uncertain plans
Now more than ever, we are looking forward to what the future holds, and find ourselves making plans for the next few months. However, for most team leaders, this means taking the time to step back and analyze how well their team has been performing and what needs improvement. Through conversations with numerous leaders, Good Leadership has uncovered a set of five questions that are important to ask when planning for the future.
Five questions to ask yourself right now:
- What opportunities did our team miss in 2020 and 21 so far, that I think we really need to make happen before the end of this year?
- Do I have complete confidence in the people working on those things…or have I been looking the other way when it comes to certain people? (we all occasionally look the other way, to avoid seeing what we don’t want to see.)
- How do I know for sure my team is aligned and committed to great results right now?
- Who on my team is a likely flight risk when the economy really opens back up?
- The Board and owners are growing increasingly impatient – How do I know for sure what are our top priorities?
Think 90 days ahead
In the coming months, there will be an intense need for teams to re-align and re-commit to plans and priorities that will carry them through 2021. What plans are you making now, to make sure you and your team are prepared for what is coming even 90 days from now?
The most important thing to do now is to create the clarity that will help you get better results, faster (and easier.) Email us to learn how our team of coaches can align your team around their most important goals.